Saturday, October 6, 2012

Interview with Author of Magical Fantasy Judith Leger


Chinese Character for Passion





Author Judith Leger has always been a day dreamer. Mostly about heroes and heroines falling in love and living happily ever after. No matter the obstacle that befell them they always overcome it, bringing them even closer in spite of them. That’s how you know they are daydreams, because reality is a whole other game.

But she didn’t stop there. She went a step further and decided to fill books with those dreams and pack them full of  magic and of course, happy endings. The power that a book brings is imagination. And that is the secret to escaping reality… for a few moments in time the only reality is there within books and your imagination.

And  Leger has done that with her soon to be released book, ENCHANTED.
So if it’s romance with a touch of magic and fantasy you wish to escape too then Judith Leger is an author you might want to learn more about.

This leads us to the beginning part of this interview.


 
Judith thank you for joining me today, I believe you have the floor…






 
Judith Leger Talks About Enchanted






Hi everyone! Thanks so much for dropping by today!

My new release, Enchanted is a magical tale of betrayal and forgiveness. True love prevailing against the odds helps it along, too. :D





Here’s the blurb:

She knows how to unravel secrets, but getting to the bottom of this one might just kill her.

Magic is for fools, television news reporter Caitlyn believes. And she's no fool. She's determined to prove master illusionist Shay a fake. Somehow though, with Shay the lines between magic and reality blur. Perhaps it's his charisma, or being in Ireland with him, but now she's dreaming of a magical place. One that seems oddly familiar... 

Shay hides a terrible secret. He's to blame for Caitlyn's separation from her family and the world she doesn't remember. She must go home to the Sidhe, and to recover his honor, he must be the one to bring her. He'll willingly lose everything he is to help her break the curse binding her. But time is of the essence--the old evil has surfaced. He must make Caitlyn believe in magic, and his love, before she becomes its prey.





 

You can find Enchanted at Lyrcial Press:


Drop by my blog or website! Here’s the links.



Now let’s find out a bit about the author Judith Leger shall we?





 
Q. You wanted your profile picture to be the Chinese Character for Passion. Why is that?

I want my passion for romance to come through my writing. I'm passionate about reading, writing. And believe that when two people fall in love their lives will be filled with passion.



 
 
 
Q. What can you tell us about the three books that you’re reworking?

One of these books is my new release, Enchanted, from Lyrical Press. It’s a paranormal romance. This story is filled with magic and believing in the unbelievable. The other two books are also paranormal romances similar to the old gothic romances with a witch, strange occurrences and of course, the romance.







 


Q. What makes a romance novel a great love story and how would you define "romance"?

To me, romance is the magic of love (I suppose the chemistry) between two people--strong people who loved each other completely. I still remember before my parents passed away how my father would touch my mother’s face and ask me if I’d ever seen such a beautiful woman before. My mother was 83 at that time. That’s romance where the love is still new and fresh no matter what the age.






Q. Is there a limit to how risqué (sexually) you will allow your characters to go?

Honestly, I prefer the light sex in writing. I can and have written more risqué (one of the books I’m working on to have out by Halloween is like this) but I prefer to write the romance. Romance is not only the sex. It’s the hearts of two people touching at the same time as their bodies coming together.


 
 
Q. When is it too soon for the characters in a book to have sex in a non-erotic story?

LOL, now that depends! In the steamier of my two books coming soon, the main characters had just met a few days before. The setting is in present time so both of them are more open about sex. I also read a Catherine Mann’s book last year where the heroine and hero had sex right off the bat and she ended up pregnant. They’d known each for a long time with the sexual tension building between them until it exploded and they ended up making love. This was done so seamlessly and naturally.

Q. Do you, like many other writers, secretly harbor dreams of writing a NYT Best Seller?

It would be nice but no, I don’t. I would love for more readers to pick up my book but being a best seller, not right now.

Q. Is writing your full time livelihood?

Nope! I do have an EDJ (LOL, not that evil). I work in higher education during the day and write at night. I’ve learned to balance my time between family, work and writing.
 
 


Q. Before recognizing writing was your calling was there any other avenues you wanted to explore?

Honestly, no. I was content with my life. But in the 1990s, I had a near death experience and I started to think about the future. What had I ever done besides being a wife and mother? I’d never accomplished anything from my youth that I would dream about. Most of those dreams had vanished years ago. I loved to read and I had dabbled in writing. I wanted to write a book and have it published. So began my writing journey. I’ve enjoyed every moment of it.


 
 
 



Before I end this interview with Judith today I’d like to ask just one more question
"Just For Fun"
 
Q. What sort of character would you play in a comic book (hero, humorous sidekick, villain, that abrasive newspaper guy, etc.)
 
 
Oh, God!!! I dunno…I guess I would like to be Rogue in the X-men comics. She’s fun and powerful. Also she has a killer body (so jealous!).
 
 
 
Rogue, Beautifully Untouchable

Rogue so desirable, so beautiful. Like the Mysterious Venus Flytrap beautifully deceptive. Given that just one touch from her can be a death trap.
 
 
In-story information (From Wikipedia)

 
Alter ego:

Anna Marie


Species:



Team affiliations:



Notable aliases:

Anna Raven, Dr. Kellogg, Miss Smith



Abilities:

  •  Absorption of memories, skills, and powers through skin-to-skin contact (the longer the contact occurs, the longer Rogue will retain the abilities or memories. If she maintains contact for long enough, the absorption is permanent)



And that brings us to the end of my interview with Author, Judith Leger.

Thank you again Judith for allowing me this chance to get to know you. I hope you had fun.

And I want to say thank you to those that stopped by. Hope you enjoyed yourselves too!!

Judith and I would love to hear if you enjoyed this interview. So please don’t be shy, leave a comment and say Hi!!

Be sure to stop the links Judith provided to learn more about this exciting Author and her work.

Signing off,

Barb~












 


 



11 comments:

Judith Leger said...

Thanks so much for having me, Barbara!

Barbara Mazzuca said...

It was a pleasure Judith. I enjoyed getting to know you.

Amber Green said...

*Every* minute of it???

Barbara Mazzuca said...

Hi Amber. Ok you got me I'm stumped. What?

David Kentner -- KevaD said...

Very nice interview. Really. I'm a fan of Judith's work, so it's always a pleasure learning more about her. Still not sure about the symbol instead of a pic though.

Hi Judith!

Nice blog by the way.

Judith Leger said...

David, I'm a naturally shy person.

Psfff...Okay, maybe I'm not. I just like my symbol. It stands for Passion!

Amber, every...??? I'm a blonde so...well, that explains it, right?

Thanks guys for stopping by!!

Barbara Mazzuca said...

David. Glad to hear you enjoyed both my Interview Judith,and my Blog David. Always nice to hear, thank you :)

Anthology Authors said...

Great interview, Judith! I think everyone should live as if this is their last day. I know I don't. It's hard to pull myself out of every day living sometimes.

And what a beautiful story about your parents. I hope DH and I can do that when we reach that age. :) Heck, that'd be great now. :)

Marci

Judith Leger said...

Thank you so much Marci for coming by!!! It means a great deal to me to see you! Hugs!!!!

Horton said...

Interesting and enlightening interview.
Horton

Judith Leger said...

Hi Horton! Thanks for stopping by!

Judith