Sunday, July 29, 2012

Two Years Ago

Words, they keep spinning around in my head. I think of them while I’m driving, running errands, except today, when I need them the most, they have deserted me. What haven’t deserted me are the emotions, so many emotions I may just drown.

So this time my post is not about a book or an author, but a woman who wanted to be an author, but as life often does her life went in a different direction. She wanted to write children’s books, she loved to write poetry… Today is her birthday and she would have turned 67 had cancer not taken her from those who loved her sooner than it should have. She had two milestones she went by when she found out about her cancer. When she reach one she knew she was clear at least until the next one. One was her birthday, the other Christmas. Her 10 yr battle with cancer ended the day before her birthday on July 28, 2010.

So this post is about Gloria Rose Brady. My Cousin, my mentor and most of all she was my friend. We both shared a love for opera and today I want share with you a song by Mario Frangoulis, Night Wants To Forget that sums up a vow I made to her in those last precious moment I had with her.




    This was our last holiday together, Thanksgiving 2009. Gloria is in the middle.

R.I. P Gloria Rose Brady, 7/28/10


Thank you forlettting me share this with you. I hope you enjoy the song as much as I. This man has an amazing voice.


Night Wants To Forget by Mario Frangoulis



Sento la neve sul viso ed il gelo acompagna
il soffio del vento che cerca invano riparo.
Vedo la luna danzare leggera tra i rami
come le notti in cui tu eri ancora con me.

Night wants to forget
just like the ocean tides do
Wash sadness away
All its dreams will try to soothe my aching heart
Night wants to forget
Steal my memories in the darkness.
Never look back
I will remember
Each new day will always remind me of you.
E la tua mano che ancora riscalda la mia,
e la tua voce che canta felice al mattino
E il tuo sorriso che appare improvviso alla porta
come ogni volta che io ritornavo da te...

Night wants to forget
just like the ocean tides do
Wash sadness away
All its dreams will try to soothe my aching heart
Night wants to forget
Steal my memories in the darkness,
Never look back
I will remember
Each new day will always remind me of you.

Vedo la luna danzare leggera tra i rami

No comments: