Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Review for Wrong Kind of Paradise by Suzie Grant

"I'm anxiously awaiting the next book in the series". Said  Paula R after reviewing Suzies Grant's Wrong Kind of Paradise!


Winner of Risqué Review Top Pick Award

Title: Wrong Kind of Paradise
Author: Suzie Grant
Release Date: July 11, 2011
Genre: Historical Romance
Pages: 383
Publisher: Night Shift Publishing
Series: Paradise Series
Format: E-Book
ASIN: B005DJ92VQ
Posted: June 23, 2012
Reviewer: Paula R
Rating: 5
Heat Level: 1


Summary/Blurb:
Angel De’Haviland is the daughter of pirate Logan De’Haviland. She has secretly had a crush for years on the captain of a pirate ship called the “Serpent.” His name was Blac Barclay and he was a close friend of Angel’s father. But he has come to kidnap Angel, and she can’t understand why. The plan backfires, though, and Logan is taken prisoner by the British red coated soldiers.

Angel manages to escape and she takes over Blac’s ship, and renames it the “Serpent’s Lady.” Two years passes and Angel is determined to find her father and rescue him. Blac has acquired a new ship and named her the “Serpent’s Revenge.” He knows the British lieutenant will not kill Logan until he has Angel as well, and Blac is determined to capture Angel again and try to rescue Logan. Angel has a secret desire for Blac, and she doesn’t understand why he tried to capture her in the first place. Blac secretly desires Angel, but he can’t help but see her as “Logan’s daughter.”

Will Blac be able to capture Angel and convince her to help him rescue Logan? Will her desire for Blac be realized? Will Blac realize he loves Angel?

Review: 

After reading another of Suzie Grant’s books and absolutely loving it I decided to give Wrong Kind of Paradise a chance. Again, I am wowed by her ability to keep the action flowing in such a manner as to make me feel I’m part of the storyline and right in the thick of things.

This book tells the tale of a young lady whose father, Logan De’Haviland, is a pirate. There is a young man who grew up on her father’s ship from the time he was 15, and who has become a privateer in his own right. The young lady, Angel De’Haviland, has secretly had a crush on Blac Barclay, this privateer who is such a great friend of her father’s. Blac has taught Angel how to use a sword and protect herself since she was a young girl. He sees her as Logan’s daughter, until he has to capture her to deliver her to her maternal grandfather. This is at the request of Logan himself, because he fears for Angel’s safety since he leads the life of a pirate.

Blac hasn’t seen Angel for a few years and realizes that Angel has grown into a beautiful young lady. He cannot betray Logan, though, so he keeps his distance from her. Angel,however, is determined to make Blac love her. He makes good on his promise to deliver her to her grandfather, but feels in his heart that something is not quite right with this situation. Angel discovers a dark secret once she arrives at her grandfather’s house.

I felt all of the action, my heart racing along with Angel’s heart during her daring escape. I felt the desire she felt for Blac when she finally meets up with him again; and again during the devastation toward the end of the story. I could feel the sorrow that she felt. This was another book that I could not put down. As I neared the end of the book, the excitement built within me until I was ignoring everything around me!

I'm anxiously awaiting the next book in the series. I have quickly found a new favorite author, and I love the excitement I felt when I read Wrong Kind of Paradise.



No comments: